Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chicken Pastel

When I was in college, me and my sister are fond on experimenting on recipes. We found a recipe of chicken pastel on a brochure, it looks really nice and delicious so we gave it a try. Though there are different versions of this dish, here's my own.

Ingredients:

1 kilo chicken (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (cruched)
1 medium-sized onion (thinly chopped)
1 chicken broth cube
1/2 cup butter
1 carrot (cubed)
2 potatoes (cubed)
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup flour (dissolved)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups water

Directions:

Saute garlic and onion on butter. Add Chicken and stir for 2 min. Add water, salt and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add potatoes and carrots. Boil until chicken is tender. Taste according to your preference. Add milk and dissolved flour to thicken sauce.

(sorry i can't find a picture that can best describe my version!lol!)

No comments: